Gwent

The Witcher series game and mod discussion. No adult content, please.

Gwent

Postby soap » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:46 pm

So Gwent is a "free" card game - at the time of this post it's in beta and you can play via the GOG Galaxy Platform.

So far it's simple and fun. I'm quite enjoying it, still lots for me to see.
I've only ever played Magic the Gathering for Comparison. - Id say it's friendlier and more accessible then Magic.
In magic there's a huge level of strategy and complexity, and when you attach, you don't know what creature your opponent might use to block you. I'm a magic novice but I've often found myself just building and building up forces before attacking just to be sure I'll be ok, but it ends up being more to manage.

In Gwent you don't even need to attack, it's about Strength at the end of the round. So the strategy is mostly how you play your cards, combinations you make etc. You can attack your opponent, but you don't need to annihilate them, just as long as you have more points at the end of the round.

Never played it in Witcher 3, actually just started playing Witcher 1 (long overdue). But I'd recommend it to people who likes those types of card games, at least to take a look. There is a single player element I think it's about 3 gigs or so, could be wrong.
soap
Banner God
Banner God

Return to The Witcher Series