Keening MCP Clash

A place to discuss and download Keening: Indie Expansion Series and related mods.

Moderator: Dana Nova Darko

Keening MCP Clash

Postby The One » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:00 pm

You must know the Keening expansion of Morrowind, great, yeah, sure. But... It requires, MCP version 7. So I installed V8, but this is where problems now arrive.

So many errors, like not being able to load some people, like "ranger cannot be loaded at Keening West", Must be from MCP.

You see, Wrye Mash showed me that the Keening checkboxes were yellow, so I clicked them, and in the box at the right, it showed that "MCP.esm" was yellow also, so that had to be the problem.

So after some study, I think Kenning says "I need MCP Version 7", And I have verison 8, maybe that's the problem. So I uninstall and get version 7 in, oh no, version 7 is outdated for Tamriel Rebuilt Sacred East.

It would seem that MCP V7 is needed for Keening but screws TR, however MCP V8 Provides for TR but screws over Keening.

Is this the true issue?
What is going on?
How can I make all this work?

Please, help would be appreciated.
The One
Associate

Title: Sunny

Re: Keening MCP Clash

Postby Jac » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:43 pm

I think you mean MCA (Morrowind Comes Alive) and not MCP (Morrowind Code Patch). I guess Neo (MCA's author) changed some major things between versions 7 & 8, so Keening would need to be updated for version 8. Dana would be the one to ask, but I don't know if she's still even around.
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby The One » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:16 pm

Oh.. I see.

Yeah, MCA is what I meant, but. This is too bad. Perhaps I must try to contact this person then. This may mean I will have to choose one. Unless I can merge stuff from both versions?
The One
Associate

Title: Sunny

Postby Jac » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:14 pm

If you know your way around the CS, you could see what's been changed from version 7 to 8 and make those changes in Keening. That or just load up Keening and add in the missing items from MCA 8. I stopped following MCA after version 6 because I switched over the Starfire's NPC mod, so I don't know what changes Neo made between 7 & 8.
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Return to Keening: Indie Expansion Series