[WIP / REL] TES III: Keening - Ch 1: Keening City - Beta

A place to discuss and download Keening: Indie Expansion Series and related mods.

Moderator: Dana Nova Darko

Re: [WIP / REL] TES III: Keening - Ch 1: Keening City - Beta

Postby Dana Nova Darko » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:59 pm

OH! You mentioned you... moved things? Okay, I just noticed it got moved to a "Mod Downloads section." I see it now. My little corner isn't really used for mod downloads like the others, so I must have just scanned past it - I was looking under Morrowind. It's all good, I still appreciate having the forum.

Since it's not in the Morrowind section anymore, maybe we should change the name of my forum to something like, "TES III: Keening: Indie Expansion Series" ? If thats not too much trouble. Otherwise its mixed in with skyrim mods and stuff.
Dana Nova Darko
Journeyman

Title: The Architect

Postby Jac » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:01 pm

You link to mod downloads, hence the reason for the move. That and I wanted to make sure our members' work was easier to view. :shades:
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby neildarkstar » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:02 pm

The warning regarding "One or more plugins could not find the correct versions of the master files they depend on" is a common error, there are a lot of mods that can cause that message, with Better Bodies being one of them. It can safely be ignored.

While I don't know for certain if it's the cause of the "KN_Keening_Clothiers" error, there is an infamous issue with a foot part on one of the KO boots in "Clothiers of Vvardenfel" that involves a missing foot part. If that is indeed what you're seeing, it can be safely ignored as well if Jac's solution doesn't work.

Neil
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Dana Nova Darko » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:10 pm

Jac wrote:You may need to clear your cookies, Dana.

Will that make it so that I don't get logged out after I leave the page? Or, will it log me out of every site I frequent? I am not sure what this does, or how to do it. Sorry for being non-techie on this one, but I figured its better to ask than do something I have never figured out on Windows. Yes, I'm still very new to Windows.
Dana Nova Darko
Journeyman

Postby Jac » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:40 pm

Deleting cookies in Firefox. What you'll want to do is delete any cookie that refers to wolflore.net or a derivative. There should only be one for this site. After that, just relogin in and hopefully your logout issues will be fixed, Dana.
Jac
The Boss

Postby Dude941 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:03 pm

Dana Nova Darko wrote:Thanks for the heads up, and help, Jac. I didnt have my passowrd for this forum on my other computer, and the subforums all seem to be invisible even if I'm logged in.

Dude, thanks for trying Keening.

Check to make sure you have Morrowind _v1.6.1820 (fully patched with tribunal and bloodmoon installed)

Check to make sure you have MCA 7.0 installed.

We'll start there.

I just made sure that Morrowind is updated to 1.6.1820 and MCA 7.0 is installed and it is still giving me the same message.
Dude941
Associate

Postby neildarkstar » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:23 pm

Check my post above, the problem occurs when mods are written for older versions of Morrowind and that is the version of the master they are looking for. Updating Morrowind is counter-productive, though it makes no real difference. I'm certiain the first error can be ignored with no problem, and it's very likely the second error can be ignored as well.
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Dana Nova Darko » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:32 pm

dude: unless something actually malfunctions, listen to what neil said. it sound like you have all the same master that it was made with, so it should be fine. For some reason I must have thought you were crashing out or something, but if you aren't, then its probably not an actual problem.
Dana Nova Darko
Journeyman

Postby Jac » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:37 pm

Dude, you can use Wrye Mash to sync the files to the versions of the masters that you have installed and that should fix the error messages. I sent you the Wrye Mash readme. Let me know if you need more help and I'll post some screenshots.
Jac
The Boss

Postby Dana Nova Darko » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:49 pm

Thanks for the link, Jac. Wolflore cookies deleted, but it still logs me out the second I leave the site. It's okay, it seems to remember my login info.
Dana Nova Darko
Journeyman

PreviousNext

Return to Keening: Indie Expansion Series